Thursday, January 18, 2018

Reboot

Hello. If you're seeing this and have been to this site before, you're likely wondering where everything went. If this is your first stop here then let me welcome you to Shiva MSTs, where we review the worst of the worst when it comes to fanfiction. Per the banner, I started this site WAY back in 2013 after binge watching too many episodes of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and splitting my sides reading Elmer Studios riffings (you should check them out, by the way. They're the main inspiration for this place). I had a pretty good run of it too and a lot of fun reading some truly bizarre (though somewhat admirable) fanfiction.

But then...I suddenly stopped. Why? Let's get to the topic at hand.

My last riffing was about two years ago (2016), and this place had been dead ever since. My interests have been all over the places the past few years (I manage a forum, play fighting games, manage a YouTube channel, and write fanfiction on the side. Yikes!), and that unfortunately didn't include this blog. However, after binge reading some Elmer Studios stuff again (I can't stop reading Hellstorm Evangelion for some reason even though it's horrible) and rewatching the MST3K episode of Manos: The Hands of Fate (what are we going to do, Michael?! Oh, Mike!) for about the one-hundreth time, I find myself longing to get back to riffing. I figured I might as well clean up the place and start from scratch. For those of you that have been here before, I am in the midst of rewriting all the old stuff and making it all nice and shiny. While most of it was fine, reading over it, I wasn't satisfied with my earlier riffs (ESPECIALLY the first one. Yuck!). For you newcomers, get ready to experience Shiva MSTs as it was meant to be! Here's hoping this place stays alive for more than a few months at a time, and if you find any fanfiction you would like the Shiva Gang to pick apart, please don't hesitate to send it my way.

As before, I will upload character profiles for the Shiva Gang members for those of you who haven't had the pleasure (or displeasure) of meeting them.

That's all for now. I plan to post plenty of updates (mostly so people know this place is indeed alive and well) so stayed tuned. If you've read this far, I greatly appreciate it. If you haven't...

TL;DR: This place isn't dead. I'm rewriting everything. Come back in a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment